AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Having more than 1 adwords account...is it useful??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I wanna split my adwords account region wise (Search-IN, Search-US, Remarket-IN and Remarket-US) for better management and tracking purposes..is it worth it...as I have to bear the pain of deploying all the tracking codes on our website pages, which will be a huge pain and will involve our IT team...so please let me know is it a good idea?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Having more than 1 adwords account...is it useful??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Geographic targeting is done at the campaign level. you do not, therefore, need to have different accounts - in fact that could create more problems than solutions - I wouldn't recommend it at all for a single company.

Build out you first campaign - Search US, for example, and then simply select the campaign in the campaigns list and use the copy/paste function to duplicate it. Then you can rename it, change the geo targeting for India and make whatever other adjustments you need to make such as ad scheduling, ad copy, landing pages, languages, etc.

The main benefit would be being able to view all your campaigns next to one another for performance comparison.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi

It is good or management for sure. This is usually good if u have bigger acccounts and u want to get easier reporting.

For instance we use one account for all display and remarketing and one for search campaigns and linked all these accounts to one sub MCC for better management

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Akansha,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy

It depends on the number of campaigns do you have. If you have more thousands campaigns in one account, then I would suggest you can go with multiple accounts, but if you have less campaigns then it is to keep only one account.

AdWords also offers Labels, by which you can segregate your campaigns quickly or use a such a common word in all one type campaigns e.g in USA Search use " word "US-Search", so that you can easily filter out the data.

To avoid adding many conversions code, use Single conversions code of MCC level or use Google Tag Manager.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
I'd recommend sticking with a single account if you can, it's much simpler. Having multiple accounts can introduce some operational overhead.
If you really go with separate accounts, Google sometimes can share your lists across accounts without having to re-tag. If you really want to pursue this you should contact Google support.