AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Have you tested remarketing to converted visitors ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all experienced AdWords managers,

Have you configured a Remarketing Campaign just for visitors who converted ?

And if yes, in what situations did you find this setup to be profitable and why ? Perhaps some thoughts about how you configured the text in the banners to bring a positive ROI.

I am aware of the general recommendation to setup Remarketing for shopping cart abandoners, this is not the issue here.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Have you tested remarketing to converted visitors ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
No, I think once someone becomes a customer, there are far better ways to maintain the relationship in a more personal way. email, phone etc.

It's an interesting idea though. No doubt the ex customers who forgot and who are no longer receptive to customer retention programs may indeed be influenced.

New offers, exclusive offers, DIRECT communication etc. I'd love to hear too about others who've approached this.

Re: Have you tested remarketing to converted visitors ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I have seen such remarketing from our biggest IT retailer who is now offering a crazy variety of products on their website, including books, cosmetics,holiday tickets, insurances, all in one place and the latest is pet shop products.

I bought from them more than 100 times in the last 7 years and they never reached out through email or phone to up sell. I think they use AdWords remarketing because they have more than 150.000 customers, it would be too much of an effort to handle all converted visitors by classical follow up.

They also initiated the habit of Black Friday in our country 2 years ago.

There are several case studies here : link , but I didn't find one yet to advertise remarketing to converted visitors.