AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Has Adwords Started to track App Search Conversion?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a campaign of app promotion for a sports score app of iphones. I had set two different campaigns of display and search networks to optimize it properly and installed the app tracking SDK in app to track the conversions.

As per adwords earlier it was not tracking the conversions for search network app ads but today when i did a regularly checkup of campaign, it shows me 1 conversion and 2 many per conversion figures. I wonder to see the conversion numbers for search network campaign.

Does anybody noticed it or read about supporting search network campaigns for app promotion in conversion tracking? 

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Has Adwords Started to track App Search Conversion?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
By conversion - do you mean downloading the app?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible for you to share a screenshot with the Community explaining the same because as far as I remember that, iOS download tracking is not available for search campaigns but only available for campaigns that show in mobile apps on the Display Network.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, my mean is to measure a conversion when some click on my ad and download the app.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Yes sure, i'll upload a screenshot of same. I also was familiar with only display network conversion tracking of ios app ads but for search network its new.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Check this link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mosh,

I appreciate your assistance but it doesn't solve the questions.

"Currently, we're only able to track iOS app downloads driven by ads served in mobile apps; we're not able to track iOS app downloads driven by ads served on Google search or the Google Display Network."

I am getting conversion tracking for search ads too.

Here is below i have uploaded a screenshot of same..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As @Pankaj requested for screenshot of conversion. I have upload the same here. In the below image i have highlighted the "campaign type", conversion and ad type. 

mobile app conversion scorecube.bmp

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Have you installed any development code? (SDK)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, i have installed the code.