AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Handling Mobile Traffic in PPC Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is it even if the campaign mobile bid were set to -100%,however we still received impressions and engagements from mobile users as seen in GA account?

Below are the following dimension I have used:

• Primary Dimension > Device Category > Mobile
  • Secondary Dimension >  Source /Medium > google/cpc

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Handling Mobile Traffic in PPC Campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Angelyn.

Have you creased the Mobile Bid adjustments for all the campaigns you have setup in the AdWords account.

There are a couple things that could be happening. Google Analytics uses last click attribution but will not overwrite source if the last click is direct. So if people came to your site via Google Ads and then returned via direct within 60 days, that session would be attributed to paid search. Also, it's possible that people have bookmarked the site after clicking an ad and captured the gclid in the bookmark, which is the parameter that tells Google Analytics that it is a paid search click, so those clicks would also be attributed as paid search,

So may be the people who clicked on the ads through mobile are returning directly or have bookmarked the site, however, the number will be very small.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Handling Mobile Traffic in PPC Campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Angelyn,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Does AdWords report any click on mobile devices in the given period? I mean after you set the mobile device bid to -100%.

If it is shown only in Analytics, going through this article will be helpful for you to understand how and why data differ between AdWords and Analytics. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+