AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

HTML5 Component conversion tracking in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I track conversions from components and custom components for HTML5 ads in AdWords.

For example, I want to use a custom component for a form that you can fill out in the ad. Here's an example of the component: https://www.richmediagallery.com/detailPage?id=12939  if you hover over the ad and then click Request a Quote, it brings up the form.

If conversion tracking in AdWords is only tracking what users are doing on the site, how do I track the in-ad form submission?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Megan P,

When they request a quote, is the user directed to a page on your site? If so, tracking should be ok. I would not recommend calling every form submission a conversion. If every form submission is a conversion, the number of conversions and clicks should match.

You might want to capture the gclid along with the contact information and manually upload conversion data when the customer places an order. This will give you more useful data.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, it would not go to a page on the site. If you click the link in my original message, you can see how the form would work within the ad. 

These forms should only be recorded as a conversion when submitted. They would represent leads so we would consider that a form of conversion.

I will capture the gclid along with the contact information, but I would like to use this as a last resort. I was hoping AdWords would have a way to track something like that. 

Thanks, Pete!