AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

HOw do you know if you are spending enough?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a small biz that recently converted my feed to google's paid clicks.  Problem is, I have no idea if I'm budgeting enough in my daily amount.  My sales have taken a nose dive in the last month but I'm not sure if this is part of the reason or it's also other factors (time of year pre-holidays) but my sales are by far way worse than last year yet my website is way more optimized.  So something is not making sense.  I'm worried and need advice.  I spend $3/day, avg cpc $0.25, avg position 4.4. ( And who knows who is clicking on my ads using up my budget) I'm very unsure about using much of my budget towards this and am thinking I need to start finding an alternative. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HOw do you know if you are spending enough?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stranded Treasur,

After all it's a numbers game and some size of natural variation should always be anticipated. Your budget is really tiny and probably not enough for any statistically meaningful conclusions. That said if you don't feel comfortable with AdWords you may have multiple choices or perhaps focus on organic results.

We are unable to comment on if the decrease in your sales is seasonal because you did not disclose the industry. 

Best,

Lakatos

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Community, hopefully you'll find som useful advice here!

A couple of things I would recommend would be checking your impression share report, this will let you know if you are missing out on clicks due to either your budget or ad rank. 

If you have Analytics code on your website you could also check to see if people are dropping out of the purchase cycle when they are trying to buy your products. This might help you see if there are any elements of your website that might benefit from some attention. 

Does anyone else from the Community here have any ideas that could help here? 

A.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can also run a hour of day report under Dimensions to get an idea of at what hour of the day your impressions and clicks start to fizzle out.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454008

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My industry is handmade jewelry with a specialty in bridal.  I am not surprised if there is a temporary lull due to season but in comparison to last year, my lack of sales right now is alarming and yet my site has grown.  It doesn't make sense. The drop started Oct 17. My share impression is 100% and all of my products (1,000 quantity) are optimized.  My awstats on my site are about the same and webmaster is down a bit but nothing incredibly drastic.  So all I can think is maybe it's the google shopping but then wouldn't a big drop in views show up in my awstats? I also checked my google base "Free Clicks" that I had for the past year and I really didn't have many.  So I'm hoping my businesss was never fully relying on google shopping before google started charging for feeds.