AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

HOW i check keywords Competition in numeric value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HOW i check keywords Competition in numeric value

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I think you are talking about the competition column in the keyword planner, if so.. No there are no numeric value. You only can see whether the competition for a keyword is low, medium, or high. It's based on the number of advertisers that showed on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google and this data is specific to the locations and Search Network targeting option that you've selected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately there is no way to check the keyword competition in numeric value. you can get to know whether the competition for the particular keyword is High, Low and Medium.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Though keyword competition is shown as High, Low, Medium on displayed results while using the Keyword Planner, you can see the numeric value after downloading the results and you get the competition values like 0.85, 0.8, 0.83, 0.64, 0.77…

You can follow steps below to get the keyword completion value

1. Use the keyword planner here - https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home
  2. Use any option eg “Search for new keyword and ad group ideas”
  3. When you get the results, click on “Download” option above the result on right hand side.
  4. In the downloaded excel, you can see column “Competition” which will give you numeric values.

Hope this helps.

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible to somehow turn it so exact numbers would be show already before downloading CSV file?

I am doing keyword research plus translation at the moment and I need to check many single keywords and downloading the CSV file for each just to check the exact number takes too much time.

Thank you so much for the help!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thank you.