AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google search commands and the match type of adwords work together?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am wondering if someone can help me to get more understanding how adwords get displayed on google search results page. 

Does google search commands applies when adwords are triggered? 

For example: if I use the search command (quotes) "Holiday in New Zealand" for exact word or phrase search does that means only adwords that have exact match keyword [Holiday in New Zealand] get shown on the search results page? Or will broad match keywords that have New Zealand Holiday also show? 

In another words does google search commands used and the match type of adwords works in conjunction to affect the adwords displayed on search results page? 
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google search commands and the match type of adwords work together

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
When someone search with keyword, adword will show ads by considering your keyword target, bidding, QS of that keywords.

In your case; if your have targeted [Holiday in New Zealand] keyword in your campaign and having good ad rank, your ad will be displayed. If you did not target this keyword in exact match and you are targeting New Zealand Holiday in broad match. Your ad may be display by considering above important factors.

I recommend this reading https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en to understand match type in more details.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angel C
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe you mean do advanced search (or boolean searches) queries interact with adwords match types. The answer is no.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
When someone search with keyword, adword will show ads by considering your keyword target, bidding, QS of that keywords.

In your case; if your have targeted [Holiday in New Zealand] keyword in your campaign and having good ad rank, your ad will be displayed. If you did not target this keyword in exact match and you are targeting New Zealand Holiday in broad match. Your ad may be display by considering above important factors.

I recommend this reading https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en to understand match type in more details.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello;
Another good article on the topic is :
How similar keywords match to search terms
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angel C
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe you mean do advanced search (or boolean searches) queries interact with adwords match types. The answer is no.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys