AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google forwarding number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been given the Website Call Metrics javascript by a SEO company and I have added the onload '_googWcmGet' function with the client's chosen forwarding number.

I've looked at the page from an adword and the number duly changes etc however the number it forwards to is not the one I set in the  _googWcmGet parameters 

It is the client's main phone number (not the one they want to use) so I'm wondering if there's a number in the adwords set up that is overriding  the parameter number (I'm not overly familiar with adwords settings)

e.g. I set up a test to forward to 07818.... but it rings 0800...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google forwarding number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anita,
I've experienced a delay in the new number being picked up with this. Can you confirm the problem is still occurring?

Re: Google forwarding number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,
Yes it is.
(After tearing my hair out) I set up a test adwords campaign and the number being dialled seems to be defined by the campaign extension not the number in the onload '_googWcmGet' function. So if I link to the page from my test ad it rings one number but if I clear GWCM and link to it from their ad (by copying & pasting the GCLID info onto the URL) it leads to a different number.
I've passed the problem over to them now because there's nothing more I can do to control it as far as I know but I would be very interested to know what's going on.
Thanks for any help you can give, Anita