AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google forwarding Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I recently added Google forwarding number to my campaign. I have few queries in regard to Google forwarding number... Does the number display on website or only on Ads? any eligibility criteria? any tools test this feature. 

Also, In few articles states that Google forwarding display on website and in other only on Ads. Please pick me out....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google forwarding Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It will appears only on ur ad

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
H here;
Check this discussion on the topic;
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Google-Forwarding-Number/m-p/457159...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shyam R
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shyam,

You can actually use it for both. Most likely what you've set up is a call extension. In that case, the phone number will only display when your ad displays - not if someone clicks through to your site. You can, however, set up Google call forwarding numbers to display when someone clicks through to your site. To do this, you'll need to add some code to your web site.

You can learn how to set it up, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en

Restrictions and limitations:

• This feature is only available in certain countries (the link above includes which countries are eligible)
  • This will not work for display network ads, only search.
  • This will only track calls from Google search - not other platforms (Bing, etc)
  • If you have ad groups that don't get much traffic on desktop, it may not work for them. The article doesn't define how many clicks you need to receive to begin showing a call forwarding number but I believe it used to be that an ad group had to receive at least 30 clicks a month. That said - it will always show on mobile, no matter how few clicks an ad group receives.

I hope this helps!

Amy Bishop

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you amy