AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google form conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a reservation page with a Google Drive Form. I want to track the conversions generated by an Adwords Ad, but the Google Drive Form don't generate a 'thank you' page (after the conversion) where I could put the code.

Do you know how can I track these conversions?

Thank you!

Eduard

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google form conversion tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eduard,

Well you can simply work around that by creating a custom thank you page.

This problem been discussed here.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6077054/google-docs-form-redirect-after-submission

But I'm concerned here, what is the website you advertising ? You know that your display URL and destination URL should be under same domain. So are you using Google Doc for both the URLs? or something else?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

Thank you for you reply, I'll try it!

My display and destination URL are under the same domain. Then I've got a form embed in one page of my domain. It's a reservation page: www.mydomain.com/reservation.html, but the form that I use is a Google Docs Form.

Thank you again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I cannot see how this has been solved. There is still no way to add the code to the submit button on google forms. Can someone provide a more explicit answer to the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed. My Google form is embedded as an iframe and the thank you page is at the same URL as the form. How Google Analytics track the conversions from this form?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That doesn't solve the problem if the form is embedded into an iframe on a site.

For example, this form: http://www.newmessage.org/free-school

Can't be tracked for conversion in Google Analytics because I can't get the GA code inside the google form.

Any idea how to count these conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same problem here.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.