AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google click to call.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - does anyone know if it is possible (and indeed, how) one can ascertain the duration of a click to call made to a number? The data shows the number of clicks on my numbers, however, it has no info on the duration of the call, or if the caller actually chose to dial the number (or clicked "Cancel").

Re: Google click to call.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Wphipps

Cost-per-phone call bidding, also known as CPP will allow you ascertain this information. Basically it allows or enables visitors to call you when they see your ad.

Enabling this feature will allow you seperate bids for clicks and received phone calls. Your Google Search ads will automatically display a toll-free forwarding number to your business, and you'll get detailed reporting in AdWords just like you do with clicks.

To create a CPP bid in AdWords, you first set up call extensions with a Google forwarding number. That's a special phone number that will appear only on your ads. It forwards callers directly to your regular business number, and they get a seamless experience.  The forwarding number also records the call in your AdWords account.

CPP bidding applies to ads that appear on desktops, laptops, or tablets. When click-to-call ads are shown on mobile devices, cost-per-click charges are instead applied. It doesn't matter where the ad appears as long as the user dials the forwarding number.

This feature, thru your AdWords reports, will show you how many callers dialed your forwarding number, call-by-call detail, including call time, duration, caller area code, cost of calls and call and phone-through-rate summaries by ad groups and campaigns. 

You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps.

Dave 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks, Dave. Really helpful stuff.

Cheers,

Will

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David -

I have enabled Google call extensions, but I am struggling to locate this:

"This feature, thru your AdWords reports, will show you how many callers dialed your forwarding number, call-by-call detail, including call time, duration, caller area code, cost of calls and call and phone-through-rate summaries by ad groups and campaigns."

I need to be able to see the data, but I can't seem to find it! Are you able to shed some light on this mystery?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Will

The feature may have to be enabled for some time before it starts to show the data as part of the Google AdWords reports you run. I don't think it will show you data on calls which were made prior to the feature being enabled as you have to have the Google Call Forwarding number enabled. The feature is only available to US and UK advertisers.

You can view full details about the reporting etc, here.

Again I hope this is helpful and do let us know how you get on.

Dave