AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google call extension reporting "private caller"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I've had the Call Extension on my Google Ad for a few months now.   In the past it always gave me the caller ID of the caller.  But the last few days it's showing up as "Private Caller" on all calls.

Is this something I can change in the settings?  Why would it suddenly start doing this?

Sometimes nobody is available to answer the call.  Caller ID always allowed me to get back to them.

Re: Google call extension reporting "private caller"

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Are you using standard call extensions or call forwarding number call extensions?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know. I signed up for this with Google Adwords. All I know is that it's a number they assigned to me to show up on my ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hmm... I would lean more towards something going on with the phone company end than the AdWords advertising. Even with Google call forwarding numbers the inbound area code still pulls through the AdWords UI (with standard call extensions you get none of that information from Google). You should still see that information in your phone logs - Unless, something has gone weird on that end...

If it's your caller id that's only showing a private number, then that would seem to be an issue with your phone / phone company / caller's privacy settings, etc.
Tom