AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords report for non adwords managers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I run a Grantspro account for a national UK charity.

I need to create a monthly written report on Google Adwords for my senior management team, with simple, basic information (e.g. for each campaign/ad group: impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, conversions, spend etc).

The team has no understanding of adwords, analytics or indeed anything digital marketing related, so I need to keep my reports clear, non jargon and fairly short; they have to be instantly understandable. My report will be one many reports on various charity issues and the team haven't got time to peruse through masses of data.

Can anyone give me a bit of guidance?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google adwords report for non adwords managers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Katarina,

I'd just focus my attention on a few key metrics: funds and working time spent on the campaigns and the returns to the company, of this activity. No need to break it down to technicalities like campaigns, AGs, or KWs.

An executive summary should not be longer than 1 page, A/4. And remember that you need to jam also some other stuff into it. Be brief and focused on essentials.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos

You wouldn't know of a one page template executive summary I can look at, by any chance?

Not to worry if you haven't. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks again and have a good evening,

Katarina

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Katarina,

For a short period in 1993-95, I worked for Chevron Overseas Inc,, a well known US oil corporation and did a lot of reporting jobs. It was in fact a practical company policy for Executive Summaries not to exceed 1 page, whenever you wanted to present a case or a report. It is really a useful practice and forces you to keep your thoughts focused on what executives really want to hear. Not an easy job though.

Unfortunately I did not keep any of them on record.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help Lakatos.

Yes, getting relevant metrics to fit 1 page is my challenge. As you say it does focus the mind!

Best wishes,

Katarina