AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tracking conversion for landing page with multiple inner pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

I have a question that I Can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

The problem is this one:

I have a Website that we advertise on; Is not a landing page, is a Portal that has multiple pages. When the "customer" clicks the AD and it gets re-direct to the site, IF the customer register it will be showing in Adwords with the convertion tracking code already installed in the Form. My problem is that IF the customer decides to SURF that site, when the customer is ready to convert it will not show anymore in adwords conversion tracking. 

Is there any way to make a "code" or something that will tell to google IF a customer clicks in the AD it will be a LEAD from ADWORDS and not organic????

I've been having a lot of issue with this because my leads are being taken "AWAY" for being "Organic" and not adwords since "conversion tracking" is not working.

I know there is a solution to this BUT I Can't seem to find it and I figure this is the best place to ask.

Thank you so much in advace.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tracking conversion for landing page with multiple inner pages.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Do you just want to track the click or the click and then the conversion?

If you want to just track a click then you can create an onclick event tracking code. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

I want to track the conversion. But I want to track it in a way that if a "customer" clicks on my "AD" and gets re-directed to my website, if the customer decides to SURF that site and click on ABOUT US... TESTIMONIALS... ETC if AFTER that customer wants to SIgn in and fill out the form.. it will count as PPC instead of Organic.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Veronica,

Do you have the AdWords conversion code on the page that follows filling out the form? If so, AdWords will record that conversion. Your first post indicates you have the conversion code on the page.

If a person clicks on your ad and looks at a few pages, then fills out your form all in the same session, both AdWords and Analytics will attribute the conversion to AdWords, as they should. If the user clicks on your ad and navigates away from your site then returns with organic search, AdWords will still claim the conversion, but Analytics will attribute to organic.

If the user lands on your site then leaves the page open while she gets lunch, then comes back and clicks on a link on your page to go to the form, AdWords will still claim the conversion, but Analytics will attribute to a referral from your own site. You can reconcile the differences to a point using the multi-channel funnel report in Analytics.

It really sounds to me like it is all working as it should.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Petebardo,

I added the convertion tracking code to the go.php (when you clik SUBIMIT) on the form.

The problem arises when the member clicks on the landing page and IF the member sign up RIGHT away then it shows in ADWORDS. If the member decide to click Inner pages from that website it automatically shows as ORGANIC and it doesn't show in the convertion report anymore.

What I am tyring to figure it out is that IF a member CLICKS on the ad generated by google, that member will be ADWORDS doesn't matter how/when/what the member does inside that website. As long as the member SIGNS UP I want it to track it in adwords and is not working. I did multiple test, but when you arrived to the landing page if you sign up directly google tracks it as LEAD from adwords. IF member decided to click some links inside the website and then sign up it doesn't show no more as adwords.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomhalejr,

Is a construction site that offers multiple services, but EVERYTHING is in the same website. Inner pages are HOME/TESTIMONIAL/ABOUTUS/etc. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Veronica,

If you'd be willing to share your website, I bet we can provide a much clearer suggestion for you.  What you are working to accomplish is actually quite common and generally speaking, not too much trouble to implement.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi PPC Bossman,     Yes I didn't share the site before be...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PPC Bossman,

Yes I didn't share the site before because I did not wanted to looked that I am doing any publicity or such.

The Site where you land when you click the AD is:

www.cresthomeremodeling.com

If you sign up right there I will get the conversion from adwords, but if you surf that site and then you decide to sign up adwords doesn't track that conversion no more.

I hope it makes sense what I am trying to say.

Thank you!

Re: Hi PPC Bossman, Yes I didn't share the site before be...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Veronica,

So all forms that are submitted result in the go.php page being served up?

If so then you should setup auto tagging in adwords - my account > preferences > auto tagging = yes

Then go to Google Analytics and create a goal that recognizes the go.php page.  

When you are looking at reporting in Google Analytics you can then sort by Medium and you will be able to see the difference in goals generated by organic or CPC (adwords) or referrals.

Does that make sense?

If not maybe you would benefit from doing a Google hangout with some people from the community?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'