AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Everyone!

I would like to tag a form submit event. There are many forms on the site, but i only want to tag one type of them. Therefore i made a macro: Name: Form ID, Type: DOM Element, Element ID: form

I made these rules for firing the tag:

url equals www.whatever.com/whatever

event equals gtm.formSubmit

Form ID equals FormName (FormName=the string in the html code after ‹form id=)

Actually the whole form is created by a serverside javascript called SignUpFormJS.aspx.

My version doesn't work.. i don't know what the problem is.. i'm very new to Tag Manager, and i would like to solve this problem. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for your post. The process that you have explained is correct so I am unsure why this is not working for you. Have you cross-referenced your code to this article? If you have and it is still not working I can refer your post to our support team. They can help you with your specific account issue. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, i used that article for the basics and this one:
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/2644341?hl=en
for the macro. So as in that article, i made an event listener tag, which is fired on the whole site, and a google adwords conversion tag with the rules above. I tested the conversion, but it counted nothing.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Adam

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Ok Adam,

I have referred this post to our support team. They should be in contact you shortly via email. If you do not recieve an email be sure to check your spam box. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!

I can't wait for it to happen!Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Adam