AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager Setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Familiarizing myself with GTM here.

I had the freedom to play around with my site. I took out ALL old Adwords conversion codes, placed the GTM snippet in my Wordpress template that goes to all pages, and tested my thank you page by clicking on a live ad.

My click to conversion ratio is coming up 1:1? This despite not submitting a form once. Also, when in preview and debug mode in GTM, it opens up my homepage showing "not fired", that's good, but after filling up my contact form and submitting, that portion doesn't show in the thank you page. That's obviously where I want it to show "fired". It just shows my whole thank you page.

P.S. Just Adwords tracking, no Analytics for now so my goal is to make it fire only on the thank you page.

I hope I'm making sense. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager Setup

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Is your thank you page on same domain as homepage?

Is there any redirection between submission page and thank you page?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi angelomvd,

You say you did not submit a form, but you did test the thank you page after clicking on your ad. That will record a conversion. The 1:1 conversion ratio is correct if there were no other clicks.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik,

Yes, same domain /ppc-thank-you
Submission to thank you is via a regular contact form.
I just checked now and I got 2 legit cicks that again counted conversions, despite me not receiving anything. The form is guaranteed working so I should have received an email notification if somebody filled it up.

Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petebardo,

Yes that's what I was wonderng about yesterday but today I received 2 legit clicks that again counted conversions. Not me clicking this time. No actual inquiry received on my end, and I'm sure the contact form is working fine.

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi angelo,

Sounds to me like you had better confirm the contact form is actually working and is sending an email to the right address. Can you check your mail logs for the outgoing email?

The other thought I had was that the conversion code might be on the form instead of the thank you page. From your description, that does not seem to be the case.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords