AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager - No thank you page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I need to implement Google tag manager for tracking of conversion.

I am not sure if this tag and trigger will work.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

tagmanager setup.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager - No thank you page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Feldrin
I can't see what "button blue" actually is but assuming it's a standard ID, this should work.

I actually wrote a pretty detailed blog post about doing this here: https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/track-conversions-without-a-thank-you-page/

If you want to let me know the method you're using, I can walk you through it step by step here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. I actually saw your post about tag manager before I posted my question here Smiley Happy It's very detailed!

By the way, I conducted a live test on my adwords campaign and using the tag and triggers I created and it actually works. However, I am a bit confuse on a situation that what if the potential customer has accidentally click the button. I mean the information is blank and accidentally click the button. If adwords will record this as conversion, I think I am tracking the wrong conversion. May I know your thought on this? Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Feldrin
Sorry for the late follow up on this. Actually, if you implement this "onsubmit" as opposed to "onclick", it will only register (trigger the dataLayer -> conversion) when the form is successfully submitted.

Glad you got everything working!