AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager Code placement

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have placed the Google Tag Manager in my website. For AdWords, I had created a separate landing page and created a new tag for adwords conversion tracking.

My question is do I need to place the code even in my landing page (www.mywebsite.com/landing_pages/....) ?

Thanks,

Davis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager Code placement

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis,

If you would like to use the tag manager on that page then yes you will need to add the code snippet.

Good Luck

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Davis,

As a best practice, I'd suggest adding the GTM code on all pages of your website. You can then create a rule in GTM to fire conversion tracking only when a specific page is loaded.

More details here.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Clynton for the reply.

But without adding the code snippet in the landing page, 1 conversion was reported yesterday and it was a valid lead. So confused now..

And thanks for the wishes.

Davis

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Sumanth for the reply.

I had already created a rule in GTM to fire conversion tracking for the thank you page. But I didn't add the snippet code in my landing page. Still one conversion was reported yesterday and a valid lead too.

Your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Davis
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davis
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis,

That is entirely possible. I am guessing that your conversions point ends up on a thank you page and you have your conversion code there. So when the user reached that page the code fired.

However without the tag manager on the landing page you wont be able to use it to ad things like remarketing and analytics tags etc

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Clynton for the reply.

Yes , I had created a rule in GTM for the thank you page. I understand your point on adding the code for other tracking usages.

Thanks for the help!

Davis

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!