AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Assistant says Conversion Value Not Set

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey fellow AdWords community folks!

Please help me understand this issue:

I have placed the Google AdWords conversion code just before the closing </body> tag of the Thank You page after a lead submits the form on the landing page. In order to test & verify that the conversion code is firing and working fine, I go to the landing page, submit the form and wait for the Thank You page. Once on the Thank You page, I use the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension to see if the code is firing properly or not. Unfortunately, though the extension shows that the Conversion Code is firing, it appears blue instead of green. When I check to see what's wrong, it shows that I have not set the Conversion Value. In my AdWords conversion code snippet, there is no 'var google_conversion_value'. So, why is it showing that this is a problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anish K
November 2015

Re: Google Tag Assistant says Conversion Value Not Set

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Anish, how are things?

I think that's not something for you to worry. If Tag Assistant pointed that the code exists and it's firing, that's the most important thing.

The Value field is optional, so it is, that on the Adwords interface they have added the option to "doesn't track value" when you set up a conversion. This is a fairly new change, and Probably Tag Assistant is not updated to consider that the value field may not existe.

Your code should be working fine. Don't worry.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Google Tag Assistant says Conversion Value Not Set

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much. You're a Guru Smiley Happy