AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Unique Identifier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know if the landing page of a google shopping click has a unique identifier other than the GCLID?

I want to be able to know when the click is Google Search or Google Shopping.   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping Unique Identifier

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Carissa.

Where are you looking at clicks? In Google Analytics, your web server logs or another application?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
a third party application

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Alright. Then you need {adtype}, a valuetrack parameter: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348

I'm on mobile currentlyand can't give you a list of URLs, but you should add it to your feed and you should be able to tell shopping clicks from the others.

Let us know if this is not enough info and I'll get back to this thread once I'm back behind a decently sized keyboard.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry I did't explain that fully.

I work for a visitor level call tracking company at present any calls that come from a website which had a GCLID in the landing page we mark as Google PPC.

I have noticed that even when the call came from a Google Shopping Click it is still marked as Google PPC due to the GCLID in the landing page. I am wondering if they are is any other unique identifier I could look for to know when its Google Shopping with out my customers needing to add manual tracking parameter's.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carissa T
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
There's no way of telling where a click is coming from strictly from the gclid. One needs to add parameters either in the feed (though it's the same parameter for all products, whichever solution is used to generate the feed only needs to be edited once) or at campaign level (though I've never added tracking URLs or parameters at campaign level or at product target level). But just by looking at gclid you'll be unable to tell one click from another, that's for sure.