AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

[Google Shopping] Tracking Conversion in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a question regarding the tracking of my conversions from Google Shopping into Google Analytics.

I know this question has been asked recently on the forum. I also looked over the internet and people keep answering with the same answer, using this link:

http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/tracking-google-shopping-traffic-with-google-analytics-14244

However, this method does not work anymore since many changes recently occurred in Google Shopping (it is now a paid model).

I had a phone call with Google last month and I asked them the question, they told me they did not know how to proceed for the moment.

Is there any way I can cleraly track the conversions from Google Shopping into Google Analytics?

I only can see them on Google Adwords and It is a crucial issue for me,

Thank you in advance for your answer Smiley Happy.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: [Google Shopping] Tracking Conversion in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Christophe.

In Europe, at least, it seems we're still transitioning towards a fully paid model, so I still see both free clicks and paid clicks coming from Google Shopping.

Are you concerned about the free ones, paid ones or both? Paid ones should clearly be in Analytics as well, attached to the corresponding AdWords campaigns, if your accounts are linked (AdWords and Analytics).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also, have a look at this thread, where I explained my setup: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Google-shopping-results-in-google-analytics/...

In principle, the parameters on the landing page tell me if the click came from:

• the free section of Google Shopping
  • a Product Extension
  • a Product Listing Ad

It might work for you as well, if you will then use the Landing Page as the secondary dimension in GA and filter for the right URL parameters.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your quick answer!

I am concerned about the tracking of the paid clicks into Google Analytics.
We are currently targeting France.

I know both of my accounts are linked because I can clearly see the sales (conversions) from other adwords campaigns Google shopping is the only campaign I can't clearly see in Analytics.

I have already taken a look at this previous topic and tried the method with the filter, but as you said, the article I found is from 2011, so it does not work anymore.

I also saw your method with the implementing code but since I am not a programmer, I did not understand all the steps.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Christophe, that may be because you've enabled auto targets on several campaigns, and therefore your PLA clicks get mixed in Analytics with other clicks on the same campaigns.

Can't you move to a dedicated Product Listing Ads campaign and only use product extensions on the other Search Campaigns?