AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Scripts

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was reading in the adwords blog about the new Google scripts. I was excited to use this feature but I can't find it. I read in an article to go to the campaigns tab and then to the automated rules tab but I can't find the option for scripts. Has anyone used scripts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Scripts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi LC,

I haven't had a chance to use them yet but I do know that the first thing you must do is request access to scripts via this form.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah I found out. Wish they would have posted the link in the blog or at least referenced to it. Anyway I am attaching the link just in case anyone else runs into this problem. Thanks Smiley Happy

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/access-form

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I requested access to this a few days ago and it was granted yesterday.

This is powerful stuff and it's going to be a game changer for the way we run our campaigns for certain industries.

e.g. An airconditioning company might want to increase their ad position when the weather is over a certain termperature and drop it back when it's a bit chilly.

Bid by Weather - This is a feature I've been asking for for years and I can't wait to get this set up and running.

I've been playing around with it and used the sample keyword performance report from the tutorial section on this page and it was a breeze to set up.

Knowledge of javascript is necessary to get the most out of it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed! I can't wait to get granted access! If I find something cool I will share it. If you could do the same that would be awesome!! Smiley Happy Find me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/?tab=mX#108854521402794106647/posts Crystal Lewis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for sharing the link LC, a time saver !

cheers,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem..

I never got my access granted but now Adwords has it available to all users. I am having so much fun with the scripts! There are sample scripts that are awesome. https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/complete-scripts

Have fun! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had that read that info but thought I still needed to request access (as some of my MCC clients didn't have the Automation tab which I read haven't got access for now) but thanks anyway, will try to enjoy, just started recently to play with them Smiley Wink