AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Removed 'view-through conversion search de-duplication'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I'm sure many of you will have noticed that Googlwe has removed this feature from the advanced conversion settings. I have two questions relating to this:

1. When was this option removed?
  2. What have they now set as the 'set in stone' default?

I've seen a dramatic drop in my View Through Conversions and I'm trying to investiagte every possible angle that might have caused this....

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicky

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Removed 'view-through conversion search de-duplication'

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for posting your question. 

I did a little research on this and Google has not removed the view-through conversion search de-duplication. It is definitely still active. 

Now for your other concerns regarding your view through decreases, this can be attributed to a number of things such as:

• Account/site changes
  • Changes in competitive behavior
  • User behavior

It's is sort of difficult to diagnose without seeing your account. If you would like a member of our support to diagnose that for you, I can refer your question to them. Just let me know.

In the meantime however, here is some more information just for your review. Also, be sure to check your conversion code and you or your webmaster double check your website and try to scope out changes. 

Hope that helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Shanea,

Thanks for your reply. I have attached a screenshot that I captured pre/post when I think the change was made, please see below. If this feature hasn't been removed, can you confirm where it has been moved to?

Nicky

Google Pre-Post Change.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicky M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nicky, to clarify, the checkbox option to enable/disable the feature has been removed (some time ago).  View-through de-duplication is now enabled by default.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thought that was the case, thanks Jon.

Nicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, do you guys know how the tracking of view-through conversions works in GA?