AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Play Store - Clicks and no conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sure quite a few people have had this problem and either solved or put this into the too hard basket.

Basically I have mobile ad setup to specific location, using a random keyword so... in "test" mode and I have setup app download conversion using the following guide:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095884

What other undocumented or documented checks do I need to make?

For example: Should the destination and display URL be similar in structure?  Do I actually have to implement code into the app for Google Play store download tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Play Store - Clicks and no conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per the help center reference, yes you need to change the format of the conversions you send to Google (either in a 3rd-party analytics tool or in your app's code) so that conversion value gets captured.

This Google developers link gives you guidance for both the options i.e. if you making changes in the App code OR if you are using some third party Analytics Tool:- https://developers.google.com/app-conversion-tracking/docs/android/using-sdk

Pankaj

Re: Google Play Store - Clicks and no conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the speedy answer Pankaj!

In the article you linked above - it says regarding - Android (Google Play store)

"Note: You can track the installs driven by your AdWords advertising even without integrating this SDK--AdWords provides codeless install tracking via an integration with Google Play. Simply start your first campaign and you'll begin to see installs show up as "Conversions" in your reporting."

So if "AdWords provides codeless install tracking via an integration with Google Play", does this mean I don't have to implement anything into the app's code... but I still have to use a 3rd party analytics tool to capture the conversion?