AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Code for Lead Conversion Page is not working for mobile site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using Google Code for Lead Conversion Page for a lead form, it should execute after submit button on the page, same is working fine for Desktop website but not for mobile site. lead form is a single/common form for both.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you trying to capture someone hitting the submit button (event tracking) or have you placed the conversion tracking code snippet on a thank you page that appears after the form is submitted?

Also just to mention there is an alternative (and better way IMHO) to track conversions and that is by setting up a goal in google analytics.  Of course you will need an analytics account (they are free) and link your adwords account and analytics accounts together.  Setting up the goals is very easy and then you can import that data back into the AdWords platform.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Vivek,

If possible, use a thank you page with conversion code on it. This is the most fool-proof way. 

The other ways have their own problems:

Counting clicks on the submit button with an Analytics event doesn't just count successful submissions.

Using Tag Manager can be complicated if you aren't used to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

I have placed conversion tracking code Between the body tags (<body></body>) of the page.as suggested in the following link-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6331304?hl=en&ref_topic=3165803.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

OK so from the link you shared it sounds like you are tracking an event (button click) as a conversion.  What exactly are you tracking as a conversion?  A form submission?  An newsletter signup?  

Give us more details because I am not sure you have selected the conversion tracking option right for your needs.

Thanks, Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

from what I think you are saying about the form submission my suggestion would be to use Google Analytics Goals.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012040?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @kim_Clink thanks for the reply!

I am trying to count form submission by a user coming through SEM(AdWords), want to track conversion mainly in AdWords and in Google Analytics as well. to active it i have placed conversion tracking code(Received from AdWords conversion Page - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RXAq9h4kx7S3ZYTk5QYjljWmc/view) Between the body tags (<body></body>) of the form. 

we cant have a Thank You page here because we are redirecting user to some other page.

Above process it working fine for Desktop website but not for Mobile Website.

Waiting for your response