AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google App Install Conversion (Blank)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We ran a Android Mobile app Install campaign with Search Network.

We implemented Placement targeting to see the promoted adwords ads. 

We created two separate conversion events - Download ( Automatically recorded by Google Play) and First App Open ( By inserting Conversion ID and Conversion Label.)

We also made sure to ONLY include the first event  (Download) in Conversion Column and Second event is NOT included in Conversion column reporting. Please see the report summary (attached).

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

It is very difficult to understand why Google did not record the download conversion automatically which it says it will record at the time of creating event. We see 1 in "All conversion" column for First App Open.

Google Converison Event.jpg

Does anyone know why Google Adwords is frustratingly so difficult to operate and understand ?

It does not follow its own logic on so many times.

I would expect answers from Google team directly instead of random answers by Google experts on Google community if they are not sure what is really happening.

Praveen

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screen shot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar. 
Please feel free to re-post the screen shot after having removed or entirely obscured all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google App Install Conversion (Blank)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for posting to the Community. From your screenshot, it looks like you were looking at same-day data. AdWords conversion reporting does not happen in real-time, so my first recommendation would be to wait an additional day or so before comparing these two conversion actions.

After that time has passed for the conversion lag to be accounted for, I'm happy to follow up with you and help you troubleshoot your conversion tracking set-up. Just post back here if they continue to not match up!

I know that it can be frustrating when things are more complicated than you expected, but please be respectful of other Community members and members of our Experts program. These folks are volunteers who are here to help, and are extremely knowledgable. You always have the option of reaching out to the AdWords team directly here.

Thanks,

Cassie