AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics vs Playstore Vs. MAT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How come, Number of Installs are difference in MAT, GA & Google playstore? why tracking Report difference in between MAT,GA and playstore report for mobile app reports ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics vs Playstore Vs. MAT

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, you are trying to compare 3 different tracking platforms and I believe that the way all 3 platforms work (in terms of cookies tracking, session duration etc...) are different and there is a possibility that you might see discrepancies in their tracking behavior.

For more details on Google Analytics, I would suggest posting this over dedicated Google Analytics forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Pankaj

Re: Google Analytics vs Playstore Vs. MAT

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jyoti,
Generally we see discrepancies in numbers due to the way different platforms do tracking.
I am not sure what MAT is... but let me give you an example...
In your case.. GA maybe tracking the download when someone clicks the button on your website to download your app... The playStore counts a download when someone clicks the download button within the playstore environment. If you actually have a counter in your app build to count the number of actual downloads and "App Opens"... it will give you a more accurate number.
For example - if 100 people click the download app link on your website and go to the app store environment... 10 people may drop off from there(maybe they are on a slower internet connection or maybe they dont want to download while they are on 3G and wait till they get into a wifi zone etc...) so GA will track 100 downloads.. while the appstore may have 90.
Out of the 90 people who click the download app button within the appstore... another 10 may decide to cancel the download... or have forgotten their appstore/playstore password etc... so the final number of downloads will be 80... but all the platforms have tracked different numbers...

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!