AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Tracking/Measuring Data

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

We have a concern regarding the Adwords Goal Completion in analytics. Basically, we have a campaign that run from Jun 19, 2013 and ended on July 24, 2013 but the data in analytics shows that it has Goal Completions on July 29, 2013 and August 1, 2013.

Our question, is it possible for Analytics to still track the conversions/goals even the campaign has ended for several days/weeks? If yes, how long does Google Analytics provide the over all or complete data of an Adwords Campaign?

Looking forward to your helpful responses. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Tracking/Measuring Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes that's possible because the cookie expiration date of Google Analytics varies from 6 months to 2 years if I am not mistaken. So it is possible that Google Analytics might show goal completion after your campaign expired.

Find more details about the cookie expiration time here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Google Analytics Tracking/Measuring Data

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

To be exact:
When You use the standard tracking settings with Google Analytics it is maximal 6 months, and not 2 years.

Pankaj, I think you confuse two different cookie settings:

The __utmz is the Analytics tracking cookie for Adwords : tracking standard 6 months from set/update
It stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.

The __utma cookie is the session/visits tracking cookie.
It standard tracks 2 years from set/update = is the standard session tracking and counting cookie.
Is used to distinguish users and sessions

If you want you can change the time settings for both these cookies, by changing the Analytics tracking code.
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.