AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics On A JS Animated Web Site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi every one,

I have a big problem. Actually, I'm actually doing an adwords campain for a client. Actually, the statistics are good and i'm confiant that my job is well done. But, my client doesn't have any calls.

I'm sure at 100% that the problem is about his web site (long time of loading, a few bugs and more), but he doesn't want to change it. We put google analytics on his web site, but the real problem is that his web site has only one html page that contain a few js animated page. Then, the bounce back is at 100% (of curse) and we can not see the time pass on the site.

So, there is my question : how do we install google analytics on a js animated web site that contain only one html page?

Is it possible to track the visitor when they change of js animated page (but they still stay on the same html page)?

This is the web site url to get a better idea of the situation.

http://gestiondmg.com/

Thank you,

Etienne

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics On A JS Animated Web Site?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Etienne,

After a brief look at the site, it looks to me like everything is delivered on a single page. The only time a new page is actually loaded is when the visitor changes languages. Your GA code will only track the page load, and not any of the page transformations. I would look into Event Tracking with Analytics. With this, you place a small piece of code in the onclick event of your links to indicate change of views on the page. You'll then be able to track and distinquish between true bounces and clicks on internal links within the page.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Google Analytics On A JS Animated Web Site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ho, nice, thank you, I didn't know about this solution, I will try it right away.

Thanks again!