AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Goals in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google Analytics and Adwords are connected, data sharing is enabled. 

I am able to see the Adwords Data in GA, however, I  am not able to see any of the GA Goals.

Please have a look on the screenshot - any tips what settings should I check?

SC345.JPG

thanks

Alicja

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Goals in Adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Alcija, how are things?

How have been since you made the link? Importing goals from GA to Adwords is not a instant thing and can take a couple of days of I'm not mistaken.

Can you confirm? Has it been more time than this?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro

great to hear from you!

the accounts are connected since few months.
What I changed a couple of hours ago was the setting in Adwords --> Account Settings/ Linked accounts/ Import site metrics.
Import site metrics were deactivated, I enabled it. However, nothing has changed.

Do you think I still need to wait a few more hours to see the goals from GA? as you may on the previous screenshot, it seems like the goals cannot be imported due to lack of connections between accounts. In GA there are few active goals (with data for more than a year), so this is not the issue.

looking forward for some tips Smiley Happy

Alicja

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Alicja,

• Is the adwords statistics in Google analytics completely blank or some columns are blank?
  • The Auto-tagging must be enabled to import goals.
  • Also check the GA code on the landing page, if it has been placed twice by mistake.

I recommend you to use Google tag Assistant.

"Import site metrics were deactivated, and recently enabled by you" that may be a factor.

It can take up to 9 hours before goal and transaction data is available in AdWords. Once it is, your imported conversions data will appear alongside your existing conversion data on the Conversions page, and you'll be able to customize columns on the Campaigns tab to include this data.

Also go through the link for more info regarding importing goal from Google analytics:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Alicja, I don't think you need to wait few more hours if the link was made months ago.

One thing though, you need to check a VIEW to be linked with. A lot of people only check a Analytics ACCOUNT and forget about the VIEWS, and by doing this the link is never complete. Make sure to check on that Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click