AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Conversions Not Fully Registering

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor
  • I'm using Google Analytics Goals as my conversions in AdWords. 
  • The Goals come from Events so they're very accurate and up to date. 
  • My conversions in AdWords do not have the same number of goals recorded in GA, sometimes by a difference of 3-4 conversions. 
  • I know GA and AdWords are expected to have a disparity when comparing AdWords conv. code and Analytics Goals but If I'm importing the goals into AdWords why is there such a disparity? 
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua R
December 2015

Re: Google Analytics Conversions Not Fully Registering

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Joshua, how are things?

Google Analytics and Adwords measure goals/conversions differently, even if you're importing goals to Adwords.

Analytics measure the source of conversion from the 'Last Click' of the user. So if the user interacted with your ad and site and didn't convert, and later on gets on your site directly through the URL, Analytics will count "Direct" as Source, and not Adwords.

Adwords on the other hand attributes conversion for what's called the 'First Click', meaning the first campaign/interaction.

That's the reason why Adwords and Analytics will probably never match. Small differences are expected from those two, even importing goal.

Hope that's helpful.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua R
December 2015

Re: Google Analytics Conversions Not Fully Registering

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Joshua, how are things?

Google Analytics and Adwords measure goals/conversions differently, even if you're importing goals to Adwords.

Analytics measure the source of conversion from the 'Last Click' of the user. So if the user interacted with your ad and site and didn't convert, and later on gets on your site directly through the URL, Analytics will count "Direct" as Source, and not Adwords.

Adwords on the other hand attributes conversion for what's called the 'First Click', meaning the first campaign/interaction.

That's the reason why Adwords and Analytics will probably never match. Small differences are expected from those two, even importing goal.

Hope that's helpful.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click