AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics A/B Testing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adwords Fan Club, 

I need to split test with two landing page by Google Analytics Content Experiment Function, But i have no idea how does it work for this tool exactly. And this is my question that i need you guys for the answers thanks. 

1. How does content experiment work ? 
  2. How to set up this tools ? 
  3. Google Content Experiment & Google Adwords are they connect together because i need to check with Paid Traffic, How they choose the landing page and split traffic from LP_A and LP_B together. 

Thanks for all answer. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Analytics A/B Testing.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mrx A,

For questions 1 & 2:

Content experiments for AB testing basically helps you to split traffic between 2 pages. So, it is perfect for what you need to do.

To AB test Landing pages, you first need to set up URL goals in Analytics (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745149)

Heres How to set up Goals: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745216

After you do that, you need to follow the very simple set up wizard. Here's a step by step procedure to set up your experiment:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745152?hl=en

When you set up your goal, your can set it up for only paid traffic... so as long as your Analytics account is connected to AdWords, you should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the answer, I just need to know more, How Google Analytics choose the both landing page serve to the customer and generate the result or are they will overlap together depending on conversion rate, If i setting by split 50%
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mrx A,

Analytics will split the traffic coming into your page. It should show you a comparison on the conversion rate for both.

Another thought that came to me.. a simple way of doing something similar would be to have the same ad across the campaign and use 2 different URLs for the LPs you want to send the users to. This will essentially do the same thing for URL AB Testing and you will have the results right in your interface.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ShroffF,

Though it makes sense (that's I'm using myself), doesn't this approach make ads compete among themselves, thus raising the CPC..?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
HI Diego,
If your campaign setting is set to rotate ads evenly, the ad delivery is changed. This means that both your ads will be shown almost alternately for every auction.
I do understand your concern on CPC.. but it is not because Google is making the ads compete with each other. AdWords will show alternate ads because of your settings. The CPC issue will come into play basis your ad performance. if your ad is poor, the CTR will be poor, thus affecting the QS for that ad-keyword combination thus increasing your avg. CPC for that ad.
Hope that makes sense! Smiley Happy
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭