AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Fake Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually I decided to sell my property and I created a website http://ventacasabuenosaires.weebly.com I Started Google Adwords Campaign... The really strange thing to me is that I have a very high CTR Rate but I receive a "Click" and the "Visitor" check only 1 page for a couple of seconds!!!...That's really strange to me...Hundreds and hundreds clicks per months and almost zero contacts...Consider that I put my website with some specific words like: Venta departamento Buenos Aires so...wh find the ad should check if really interested and I didn't chose any Google Partner...only the Search Engine.... I guess most of these clicks are FAKE...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Fake Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Giorgio,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Having higher CTR but lower engagement on the landing page singals two things you should work on-

1. Are you getting relevant traffic to your landing page? If your ads/keywords are not relevant to what your landing page is saying, you would generally experience lower engagement. Refer to Search Term Report to see how your ads are being clicked and for what search terms. If you find irrelevancy, have more relevant keywords and ads.

2. Work with your landing page to make it more appealing and conversion friendly. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Giorgio,
As suggested by Ratan, You should work on your landing page & search query. I'm also suggesting you few things for analyze the traffic behavior in paid marketing or campaign optimization:
1. You should give Call to Action option in 1st scroll not in down, create Open Contact Us form on your website or landing page.
2. If your budget limited than target only phrase & exact match keywords according to your business.
3. Create relevant & call to action adcopies.
4. Check in analytics "In page insight" for analyze the user behavior. Where most clicks happened.
5. Link your Adwords & Anlaytics account for find most bounce rate campaigns or ads, or adgropup etc.
Hope this help.
Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan. Thanks for your reply. If my AD is (Translated) For Sale apartment 5 rooms in Caballito Buenos Aires and the Keywords are "For sale 5 Rooms Apartment in Caballito " or "Apartment for sale in Caballito or Buenos Aires and I get some trafic from these keywords...I guess I should get at least 5% contact rate...well...the contact rate till now is 0.2% (which is nothing!!).... I am sure there are hundreds fake clicks... and more...sometimes I get some clicks outside the country target...so I put ONLY ad in Argentina and I get some (few) adwords clicks from some other countries (and I pay for it even if I don't want them!)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi J.T. Thanks for your reply. If my AD is (Translated) For Sale apartment 5 rooms in Caballito Buenos Aires and the Keywords are "For sale 5 Rooms Apartment in Caballito " or "Apartment for sale in Caballito or Buenos Aires and I get some trafic from these keywords...I guess I should get at least 5% contact rate...well...the contact rate till now is 0.2% (which is nothing!!).... BOUNCE RATE is around 95% which is ridiculous...I mean...I am selling a property and the my AD is CLEAR so...it's very strange to me that all these clicks are from people that spend less than 2 second on my website...(I repeat...The Ad is Very clear and the keywords are very clear too...) I am sure there are hundreds fake clicks... and more...sometimes I get some clicks outside the country target...so I put ONLY ad in Argentina and I get some (few) adwords clicks from some other countries (and I pay for it even if I don't want them!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UPDATE: TODAY: Till now Adwords Clicks 24 (Returned users 4) Bounce rate 100%!!! I mean...the people that come back spent 2 seconds in my website (nothing....so...why did they come back if it was not interesting to them? Smiley Wink...it looks fake as well!!!...and all the new clicks are useless (for me...not for Google of course) cause the people just click and they spent zero second in my website... I repeat...I am selling my property in Buenos Aires so the keywords are very simple and very cleaar...referring exactelly to what I am selling. Apartment 5 rooms Buenos Aires Caballito....so...people that arelooking for those keywords should be at least interested....but...it doesn't look like...I have read several blogs about possible frauds in Google Adwords Clicks...Now I start to think it could be truth!!
Guys...the first time I used Adwords (11 years ago)...it worked very well and there were no fake clicks...now...it looks very different to me!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Giorgio,

As suggested in the previous post, you should work with the landing page to cope with the high bounce rate you have quoted. Addtionally, creating a new and more targeted ad in the existing adgroup would be advisable. It will let you test the response to differernt ads and hence you can choose the most profitable one once your accounts gets enough data. 

Secondally, I would suggest you to refer to the Search Term report. You can access it from Dimension tab. Analyze this report to find out what are the search terms your ads are being clicked on. Compare it with your target keywords to see if you are getting relevant traffic to your website or not. If you find irrevelecy, it would be better to use proper negative keywords in place. It will let you ensure that you are getting relevant traffic to the site. 

As you said you seem to be pensive about invalid clicks, digging into search term reports will be helpful. Google has a very robust system in place to fight with invalid clicks. You can find more about it here.  http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Next, use the following troubleshooter once -

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

If you still believe that you are getting invalid clicks, I would request you to contact AdWords support. You can fill in the form here and can request a review about click quality. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/click_quality

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly the same feeling from my current experience with adwords: fake visits of robots who dont spend a second on the page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. I am experiencing the same thing. I can give you an example. I have like 1.5k clicks - this is what adwords is showing me - and when I look inside the analytics,I have only 25 sessions on the page linked to the ad. How can this be possible? 1500 clicks mean 1500 page views, am I right? 

Someone please explain to me what´s this all about? 

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, adwords analytics does not match up with google analytics. I only see about 10% of "clicks" appear on my website. I simply do not trust the adword numbers.