AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Conversion recording problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

On May 3rd i have set up a simple conversion code on my clients "thank you" page. After doing a test conversion and waiting 24 hours it didn't appear in the statistics. But i found a conversions recorded on the 27th April, before the code was even set up. At the same time if i go to Tools > Conversions  and check the tracking status, it says that the last recorded conversion was on May 3rd  as it should be.

First time seeing something like this. Am i missing something?  Why is my conversion not recording correctly? 

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you did a test conversion, presumably you clicked on your own ad. Had you clicked on one of your ads previously, perhaps on April 27?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pretty sure i haven't. That mystery aside, the main thing i'm trying to understand is why the conversion recorded in Tools > Conversion does not appear in the conversions column for my campaign.