AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Conversion Tracking in Amazon and eBay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to use Google Adwords conversion tracking in eBay and Amazon stores? I cannot find any information anywhere to answer this. It seems that it must be possible to track my Adwords conversions for my Amazon and eBay stores. I have links to the Amazon and eBay store products on my websites so I would imagine I'd have to use cross-domain tracking in the code, but how would I add the conversion tracking code to the Amazon and eBay confirmation pages?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Conversion Tracking in Amazon and eBay

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SwissGenesis,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

The rule book says that you should have access to the source code of the HTML files where you will put in the conversion tracking javascript code and that's only possible if you are the owner of that website.

Advertising using Amazon and Ebay has been pretty controversial ever since this topic has been raised by the community members. Please see this thread where the similar issue related to advertising on Amazon was asked. I hope it will shed some light for you as well.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Pankaj, for your reply. Yes, I was afraid it would come down to having access to the confirmation page. I was just wondering if anyone here had experience using Google conversion tracking code with these stores and if it was possible or if there was some workaround. I should probably be asking this on Amazon and eBay forums.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

All,

If you can pass the gclid value in your link to Amazon or eBay, and IF they can report the gclid back to you (via transaction reports), then you're good to go. You can do an offline conversion upload or build a system that captures the gclid in a database, have Amazon ping your database via cron, and if a conversion is detected, report the transactional gclid back to Adwords via the API.

But this can only happen if the gclid value can be passed to Amazon or eBay. Otherwise, you'll be flying in the dark and you have no way of knowing anything!