AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adword and Google analytics goal conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have imported Google analytics Goals in Adwords. Now in Adwords i can choose how google should track conversion. Either Every or One. Now the question is if i have selected here One. How Google analytics Goal tracking will show the data. Will it show the same data as Google adwords or there will be the difference in data as per the behaviour of tracking of both systems.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adword and Google analytics goal conversion

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tarundeep,

The Analytics Goal completions are measured differently than your adwords conversions. If you have found that data differenece between Analytics Goals & AdWords Conversions then it doesn't mendatory that your tracking implementation is wrong. It could simply be a result of the different tracking methods.

Please find below the screenshot of Analytics Goal Vs. AdWords Conversions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLVkdHNDZGSFFYeFE/view?usp=sharing

Please find below the links of "Comparing Analytics and AdWords conversion metrics"

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

i hope this will help you.

Thanks
Anand

Re: Google Adword and Google analytics goal conversion

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Tarun,

One major difference in the Google analytics' goal and AdWords' conversion is that AdWords works on the first click model and GA attribute the conversion to last clicks. Due to this nature, you will see the discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics conversion.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’