AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords slow updates but not when you Linked it in Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if AdWords is always updating its statistics every 24 hours? I actually have 1 running campaign and the data is still the same from what my campaign got yesterday. The good thing is I linked my AdWords account to my Analytics account that's why I still tracked the results for today's data from AdWords.

This is my first Ads campaign using AdWords.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords slow updates but not when you Linked it in Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Keken,

AdWords data like clicks, impressions and conversions is continually updated, although the delay is typically 3 hours. Some other types of data takes longer, like search terms.

The official Google information on this is here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for answering Rob. However not in my case, clicks, impressions and conversion are still the same.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
hi Keken,

Could it be possible you are looking at the wrong date range?

regards,

Zaby

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello,

Can you clarify where do you find the discrepancy. Is it in AdWords side or in Analytics side? Where is the mismatch?

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Nope. This is my first ever AdWords campaign so there is no reason to be confuse about the date range.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi!

My only problem here is why my AdWords data is not updating (literally in my AdWords dashboard/Acct) but when I looked my Analytics account (because I linked it before I started my AdWords Campaign) it is updating whenever someone clicked my Ads.

Ads not giving any impressions or clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

I have the same issue that I already posted here
www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Google-AdWords-slow-updates-but-not...

Before I see my results Ill wait first for 12 hours too see the full results in AdWords Campaign dashboard. Unless you connect your AdWords to your Analytics account, with this you can see the real time summary results of your AdWords campaign.