AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords automation. What are the various automations we can do?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All,

We would like to know about automated rules.

• If we want to pause certain 'search query' (NOT KEYWORD - please note) via AdWords automated rules based on the performance metrics like 20 clicks and greater than equal to 60% bounce rate. How can we do that?
  • What are the various automation rules which is beneficial in general case

Looking forward to hear some good replies.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords automation. What are the various automations we can

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rohan,

Here you will find some of the common AdWords scripts which can be used:- https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/

Jon_Gritton is our AdWords script Guru, he might help you with some specific script solutions as well.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rohan, (thanks for the mention @pankaj1782 )

As Pankaj has suggested, Automated Rules can't cover what you need since they can't operate on the Search Detail report, but scripts can.  This script from Google's own library:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/search-query

reports upon search queries, but it contains most of the elements you'd need to build a script to actually manage them.

Bounce rate is not actually accessible for the Search Query Report, so cannot be tested directly.  However, you can retrieve the Keyword that caused the match for a particular search term and Bounce rate is accessible for Keywords, so you could look for 20 clicks on a search term and a Bounce rate of 60% for the Keyword which would be almost as good.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Gritton,

I have gone through the link you have shared.

I have one doubt in this regard.

Will the script discussed in the link generate ONLY excel file. OR

this script can make changes based on the set rules in our campaigns.

For example, if we set rule of search query to be paused when it receives 5 clicks and has 50% bounce rate. Will this script generate excel file OR will it also be able to make changes (pause)?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Rohan, as far as I'm aware this script is just a reporting tool, it won't do what you need it to do, you'll need to write your own based upon the ideas and coding in that script.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits