AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Mobile Ads - Which reports and metrics are important?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We have discussed a lot on Mobile Ads on this community. We'd like to now open a discussion for Mobile Ads reports. 

What kind of reports do you run for Mobile ads? What metrics are important to track on a daily basis? 

Where do you see these metrics?

How do these metrics help you with key decision making around Mobile Ads? 

Please share your best practices. There's a surprise schwag for the most-starred reply on this thread.

Thanks, 

Mini

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mini-CM
September 2015

Re: Google AdWords Mobile Ads - Which reports are important?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mini,

I usually segment mobile traffic into its own campaign so I can better control things like bidding, ad text and sitelinks because they function somewhat differently than you may find on a search or display network campaign.  It also makes reporting much clearer when it is segmented.

When rarely find myself not segmenting I find the segment button a real help.  I can segment by click type and device and see a breakdown on my traffic and get an idea of how things function on different levels.

I also like the Dimensions > Call Details report when I am using a click to call mobile setup.  If I don't have more robust phone tracking setup for a client this is a good way to validate leads via mobile calls because I can see the date, duration and originating area code for the calls.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mini-CM
September 2015

Re: Google AdWords Mobile Ads - Which reports are important?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

the Dimensions > Call Details report 

We don´t have that where I live, it´s a petty : (

Sometimes when I run "Mobile only" campaigns I choose "Show only link to my phone number", in particular if the client doesn´t have a mobile friendly website. Better to have them call directly than first sending them to a website where they will have trouble finding the office number : )

Because you can´t be sure how many go through with the call - some may interrupt when number shows up on the dial pad in their phones - I follow up with client and ask if they have seen an increase in calls from new customers.