AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Campaign Budget History

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are using Google AdWords API to retrieve current Campaigns, Allocated Cost, Budget Used and Conversions.

The problem is, Google always returns current Allocated Cost but I need to retrieve it date wise.

As an example, If I run a campaign on date 1 to 10 with Allocated Cost $100 and then on 11-20 with Allocated Cost $200. It returns me Allocated Cost as $200 however I need it as $100 for 1-10 and $200 for 11-20.

Any advice will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,

Chirag

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords Campaign Budget History

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chirag,

There is a dedicated AdWords API forum and I would suggest you to re-post this over that forum for more insights:- https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

Pankaj

Re: Google AdWords Campaign Budget History

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Alliance,

I will try my best to explain this here. Forgive me if I don't make sense or go off topic here.

You want to pull allocated budget data for a set of days in the past taking into consideration that the budget could change over time or over days. For get this data, my tech devised a method where using AdWords API, you pull data for every campaign every day (frequency of API call can vary depending on your need) and save this data in a speadsheet.

So your spreadsheet will look something like this:

Campaign Name Budgets

Campaign 1 Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5
Name 1 100 100 150 200 200

Once you have this data accumulated in your spreadsheet, you can run a script to call this spreadsheet and depending on the data range or the particular date, it should pull budget data or whatever data you wish to pull and display it at your end.

I realise this is a lengthy procedure but at the moment pulling such a data that can change overtime is not possible with API scripts. Hope this helps. Happy testing!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"