AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Advanced Location Targeting

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Forum
I have a client and we are running 1 campaign with 5 ads within that campaign. Q: I want 3 ads to target a broader area and 2 a more specific area.Can I do this for those 2 ads within campaign one or do I need to create a separate campaign? Thanks. I sense i dont but dont seem to be able to make it happen so any help around how would be greatly appreciated.Cheers Rob

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Re: Google AdWords Advanced Location Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Rob,

Technically you can do this however general practice is to create a campaign for each location that uses a different ad, if only for simplicity's sake. To implement your strategy within one campaign you will need to use Ad Customizers. This is a powerful feature of AdWords with endless use cases. This article from SEL does a great job outlining how to achieve your goal.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Re: Google AdWords Advanced Location Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Rob,

Technically you can do this however general practice is to create a campaign for each location that uses a different ad, if only for simplicity's sake. To implement your strategy within one campaign you will need to use Ad Customizers. This is a powerful feature of AdWords with endless use cases. This article from SEL does a great job outlining how to achieve your goal.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.