AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad's Lets Say Scammed Me

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Steam you can trade your in-game items for money and on a website you can deposit your skins in for money which you can trade for items, turns out this website is a scam and Google for some reason was advertising it making me believe the website was legit and in turn lost me 110 USD and I have made a complaint about this website <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>  and the advertising was saying this website was legit I have screenshots of the advertising

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines as being a potentially unsafe website.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author All Hacks N
November 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

AdWords is an advertising platform where 3rd parties can run ads via Google.

Google doesn't endorse or guarantee the products/services of their millions of customers.

It is like if saw an ad on TV for a product that turned out to be a dud, would you contact the TV station?

Certainly contact Google support to inform if an ad breaks guidelines:
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?hl=en

...but ultimately your complaint is with the merchant, not Google.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @All Hacks N,

Really sorry to hear.

I agree with Rob completely. I would add that no advertising ensures, promotes or gives validity to ANY website, product, service or person. Advertising is a paid placement of ads, nothing more. Please provide screenshot so we can review it. 

Further, when I click on your website link, my security software kicks in and blocks me from even seeing the website. You should look into better security software to add another layer of protection to your web surfing. 

All the Best,

James