AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Words Tracking (converstions)

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello,

I am new to setting up conversions and would like a little help in the proper way to go.  I want to be able to know if an Ad Words click made it to the landing page and left, if they clicked to a 2nd page, if they clicked to a 3rd page, and if they filled out a contact form anywhere on the site.  I'm not sure if I should be using 1-per-click or many-per-click and how those will show up differently depending on what the visitor does.  I do not want to setup conversions for the total page views if that will cause me to not know if a contact form was filled out in the long run of their visit.  I do not want to use the many-per-click if that that will give me a total number of conversions, but cause me to not know what type of conversions were hit.  I guess what I would like to be able to track is:

1.) How many pages did a visitor go to from an "ad words click".

2.) Did the visitor fill out an online contact form on the site from an "ad words click".

3.) Did the visitor click a special module / add somewhere on the website from an "ad words click".

I appreciate any feedback or help you would be kind enough to share.

Thank you.

Re: Google Ad Words Tracking (converstions)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hello,

You are looking at a mix of Google Analytics and Google Adwords conversion, connect your adwords account to your Google Analytics https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

For contact form, you can setup your conversion for web and paste that code in the page which succeeds the contact form, such as Thank you page.

-Mehdi