AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Good quality score and bad position: why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Do you have any ideas on why the quality score of your keyword can be 10/10 and the position of that keyword 4,9. I know that position is one of the scores used in calculating the quality score, but how can my keyword have a good quality score and a bad position? 

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Jeltje

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeltje V
March 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jeltje V

the short answer is that your bid is not high enough. Your position is determined by your Ad Rank score.  Ad Rank = (Quality Score * CPC Bid)  Since you have maxed out your QS, good work on that by the way, your only option is to raise your bid.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This signals a fierce competition. In this scenario, as @David K mentioned, you should higher the bid to win a higher position.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David K, thank you for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV thank you for your help Smiley Happy!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Jeltje V

Aside from the excellent answers already, it may be worth segemtning this by device and determining if all devices are sharing this average position, or is it 1 particular device. I have seen at times for example, there can be significant differences between devices. Its worth adding this to the mix and using a bid modifer perhaps on the devices you wish you hold an average high position.

best of luck

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this! I'm currently experiencing a very similar situation to the OP, and this was my suspicion also! Problem is, I want/need to improve Ad Rank but don't want to just push bids up and then subsequently increase my CPA significantly too? - Any thoughts?