AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Goals and conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone

I'm using CTM tool to record the conversions, but few days back i have changed the existing sources of CTM in new one according to area wise (Phone Area Code) and changed the goals in Google Analytic as well, but changes doesn't reflected (new goals) in Google Adwords dashboard and still showing the old Goals names, please suggest./

Thanks,

Pawan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goals and conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pawan,

If you are referring to Call Tracking Metrics you should be able to link your Google Analytics within the CTM admin area and set it to push events back into the reporting. You can then use that event as the basis for a goal in GA and then push that back in turn as a conversion in AdWords. If CTM stands for something else, please clarify...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply
Yeah its Call Tracking Metrics (CTM), it was working fine, few days back i have create new sources with different different area code (phone area code) to expand my services area and get new calls and track their performances, and i have changed the goals names in Google analytic (as i have did previously with limited phone numbers) same to the CTM sources, but its not reflecting the changes made in Google Analytic's in Google Adwords account as conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Since CTM simply throws back an event into GA the same set up as you have previously had should (in theory) simply take over for the new conversions.

Couple of things to check - a) have there been any phone calls since the change? b) have these been from AdWords traffic? c) are you seeing the events in GA? d) have these happened more than 48 hours ago since there is a delay between the reporting in GA and the conversions in Adwords?

It could be that they will begin to appear today or tomorrow given this delay....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah i can see the events in GA, I'm getting calls, all my traffic is paid traffic through Google Adwords, but the only thing is my goals in GA is not reflected in Google Adwords account (as it supposed to be shown in Google Adwords account after changes made, last time everything was right but this time no goals updated in Google Adwords from GA).

Pawan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
OK - let's track back and find the issue...

1. Make sure that the events are being reported as goals in GA - check that you have goal completions as well as events.

2. Make sure that this goal has been imported back into AdWords as a conversion - it may be that you have renamed the goal and this "new" goal needs to be imported again.

You mentioned "changes made" - the problem is hiding in there somewhere ;-)