AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail display ads showing wrong CTR?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We usually average a CTR of around 10% on our Gmail display ad. However around 8th March this increased dramatically and yesterday it was 54.40%!! I struggle to believe this is correct, especially as the clicks to website were less than 0.03% of the Clicks.

We will be charged for these clicks but they're obviously not correct. How do I go about disputing this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well.... Wait a day until all servers are synced. If you suspect invalid clicks ask your webmaster to issue a log of IP addresses  visited the site during the suspended time range, and submit this log to Google to investigate.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You've missed the point. There are clicks to open the ad which we get charged for, but virtually no clicks to website. So log of IP addresses isn't going to tell us anything. There is no way that 54% of our ads are being opened. There is definitely something wrong but I don't know how to report it to Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭