AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Sponsored Promotion - Number and % of users reached?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We recently created a GSP and segmented by customers of our competitors (along with a few different dimensions like gender, age etc.) and I was wondering what factors affected Users Reached and % of Users Reached. There seems to be a big swing between many of the retailers (+10,000 and 64.4% for one vs. 92 and 0.6% for another).

The bids were the same for all customer type, but the figures vary wildly. Any reasons/clues as to why this may be would be great. Thanks!

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail Sponsored Promotion - Number and % of users reached?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

Let me try and help you out on this.

The reach is usually something that differs from one targeting method to another. In my opinion, the campaign with targeting that has lower reach may not have enough users in their list.

As a best practice, I always layer my targeting or use a OR condition between two/three targeting methods, so as to ensure that I can achieve a list that has users who have fall under either one targeting list or the second or the third. This way, I ensure that I have a good number of users in my entire targeting list.

You can just use the Criteria report in the reports section to see which particular targeting method is working for me.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"