AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting more than 95% clicks from Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have started one PPC campign for my website. Every thing is runing fine but i am geting very less no. of clicks from google search network and maximum no. of click from display network(exact figure out of 80 click 78 from display network and 2 from search network).

I have selected both google search and display network for my campign. I want clicks from both the network but willing to improve no. of clicks from search network.

Please help me.

Thanks

Powerpointmaps

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting more than 95% clicks from Display network

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Powerpointmaps,

Display network consists of more than thousands of websites, so there are more chances to get more impression and clicks on ads from these websites as compared to Search Network. I'll suggest you check the data which newtork is giving you more conversions or helping you in achieving your goals. If display network is not giving you results you can set campaign only for search network. 

In order to target more specific audience in DN, go to camapign setting at Networks, in display network select Specific reach: Show ads only on pages that match all my targeting methods. In addition to this you can set the display network on Interest and topics, this will show your ads to more targeted audience, kindly read article for more info.

How do I add interest categories to an ad group?

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Powerpointmaps,

First of all I would suggest you to separate out the Search Network from Display Network. Reason being type of audiences are different and they behave differently. On Search Network, online users take immediate actions whereas on Display Network, it takes time for the campaign to perform optimally. 

Once you separate out the search network campaign, review your keywords which you are using. If you haven't received much clicks on it, then I think you have to reconsider your keyword list which will work on search network. Try exploring new keywords using the Opportunities tab in your account or using the keyword tool. 

Next important thing is the match type. Based on your advertising budget, choose the appropriate match type keywords and implement them strategically in your account.

Work on your text ads. Make your ads stand out. Use good call to actions and map them with your landing pages. 

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am hardly an expert... But I advertise a small hotel in costa rica. I have found limited success in managed networks and the un- managed to be a waste of time and a lot of money. The search results are my best bang for buck. I do both text and display ads in managed network. I do see value in branding though and that is very hard to measure.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

Highly recommend to seperate search and display network. Dinesh & Pankaj has already explained.

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Powerpointmaps,

Are clicks really your end goal? 

Anyway, you may want to try the following:

1. Check if you are getting impressions. Clicks are most the time based on your impressions. In essense, you may say that the more number of impressions the more that you can expect increase in clicks. 

2. Try increasing your bid to get more relevant impressions

3. Optimize text ads, banner ads and keywords; make sure that your keyword-ad-landign page relationship is very well connected. 

4. Check the Networks where your ads show; it might not be relevant to your website.It may happen that the most relevant networks for your website are requiring a much higher bid

5. Wait. Sometimes it takes time to actually get a good number of clicks.

I hope I was able to help.

Practical Pinay