AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting leads from Excluded Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I selected United States & Canada as my targeted locations for the adgroups and selected "People in my targeted location". However I have not added any excluded location. 

Now I have got a lead from Mexico. Can someone help me understand why I got a lead from the location which wasn't targeted and if I need to add excluded locations manually?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting leads from Excluded Locations

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Do you know the lead is from Mexico through AdWords reports? Or from their contact with you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know it from the IP address of the lead.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Excluding Mexico shouldn't make any difference. Exclusions are more for when you want to target the whole USA, but exclude Hawaii and Alaska.

AdWords geo-targeting is the best they can make it, but they do rely on 3rd-party data. I've read that it is only about 80% accurate when it comes to precise locations in a country. International errors are unusual but not impossible.

Perhaps they searched on a US cellphone, then visited on a Mexican PC, or something like that?